More good news for the Citrix community. As I’ve been writing here in this blog, office culture is changing such that people no longer live in the office between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. In so many cases, people don’t even have to live within driving distance of their offices anymore! On the contrary, companies today have realized the power and flexibility inherent in tapping talent wherever people reside, whether that’s in a neighboring state or another country. We are now empowered to do our jobs from anywhere (in large part because of Citrix technology), and this has been a boon to anyone challenged to balance their work and personal lives.
Citrix has always been an early adopter of practices that help employees work and live better. Our technology enables us to do this, and thankfully, we are a company that “drinks our own champagne.” As testament to that, the leading social jobs and career community, Glassdoor, just rated Citrix one of the Top 25 Companies for Work-Life Balance. The award recognizes companies offering the best balance between work and personal life and is based entirely on employee feedback.
That’s the best part – that Citrix employees are stepping up to express the personal value they find in working for this company. Here are some examples:
- Many opportunities for growth and career development
- An overall cool environment to work in
- Very flexible work schedule
- Competitive salary
- I’ve made a lot of friends working at Citrix
- The CEO is excellent! He is a visionary and a trend setter. He truly leads the company.
- You can work from anywhere, home, any campus, any office. This is pretty cool.
Pretty cool, indeed!
In addition, 91 percent of employee respondents said they approve of our CEO, Mark Templeton, putting him in the Top 10 of all company CEOs in the listing. And Citrix earned an another incredibly high score with 85 percent of employees saying they will recommend working at Citrix to a friend, which puts Citrix in the Top 5 of included companies.
This latest Glassdoor award adds to a long list of industry accolades honoring the tremendous strides Citrix has made as a company over the past few years:
- Employees’ Choice – 50 Best Places to Work, Glassdoor, 2012
- The World’s Most Innovative Companies, Fortune, 2011
- Top Workplaces (large, #2), Bay area Newsgroup, 2011
- Top 25 Best tech Companies to Work For, Business Insider, 2011
- Top 20 Most Influential Tech Vendors, InformationWeek, 2010
- America’s Top Companies, Forbes, 2009
Citrix rocks! As if there was any doubt. Tune in again soon for more stories about the changing workplace at Citrix and at businesses everywhere.