I am pleased to announce that CloudGateway 2 is available for download today.
It doesn’t seem like that long ago, I was sitting in the Synergy keynote watching our CEO Mark Templeton talk about the future enterprise mobility solution from Citrix. Well, that future is here and today, in a live streaming event, we announced the availability of CloudGateway 2 with MDX Technologies. CloudGateway 2 delivers on the promise and making mobility a reality in any organization.
This year, Forrester Research conducted a survey of mobile decision makers to determine their top mobile priorities for 2012 – they found that improving mobile security, supporting more tablets and smartphones and providing better mobile support for users out of the office were the top three priorities.1 Not surprisingly, this is the same thing we are hearing from our customers. They are looking for a solution that will securely allow IT to enable its workforce to use the devices workers choose to get work done while outside the office. This is CloudGateway.
CloudGateway meets these requirements and more by providing IT the assurance that corporate apps and data are isolated and secure while providing users the access to all of productivity tools they need to do their job … from any device. Specifically, CloudGateway is a mobile application management solution that securely delivers mobile, web, SaaS and Windows apps and data to any device, anywhere. As part of the new release, here are a few of the key new features that we know will excite our customers:
1. Provide a rich, secure mobile device experience with MDX Technologies. Citrix MDX Technologies powers a next-gen mobile device experience that provides seamless separation between work and personal life with full user choice and IT control over all apps and data. These technologies give CloudGateway a rich set of mobile app technologies that enable centralized management, mobile security and control over native iOS, Android and HTML 5 apps across more than two billion mobile devices. Specifically, we announced four new technologies:
- MDX App Vault – the MDX App Vault is a secure native mobile app container technology that separates enterprise mobile apps and data from personal apps and data on any mobile device. This allows IT to remotely manage, control, lock and wipe the critical business apps and data they care about.
- MDX Web Connect – MDX Web Connect is a secure mobile browser technology that makes it easy for IT to deliver internal corporate web apps, external SaaS apps, and HTML5 apps to mobile devices with a dedicated browser instance for each app.
- MDX Micro VPN – the MDX Micro VPN is the industry’s first app-specific secure access technology that lets IT create a secure VPN tunnel for mobile and web apps accessing the company’s internal network from personal mobile devices. Using this technology, companies can instantly mobilize all their existing apps, including their corporate Intranet as well as native iOS and Android applications. This also means that businesses do not require a device-wide VPN that can compromise security.
- MDX Policy Orchestration – MDX Policy Orchestration provides granular policy-based control over native mobile and HTML5 apps based on factors such as the type of device or network, device passcode, or upon detection of a jailbroken device.
2. Support more mobile devices with complete mobile application management. IT organizations can now internally develop or purchase native iOS, Android and HTML5 mobile apps, and securely manage and deliver them – just like they do for traditional Windows apps – through CloudGateway. Using the MDX Application Preparation Tool, administrators can wrap apps and import them into CloudGateway, where IT can set rules around how and when these applications can be used. Once these apps are delivered to users, users get the benefit single-click, single sign-on access to mobile apps in the same personalized workspace as Windows, web and SaaS apps. And, for the security minded, CloudGateway allows IT to instantly revoke application access and wipe all associated data when a user leaves the organization or other status change.
3. Increase productivity for mobile users with follow-me data (and apps). Workers want access to their data on all of their devices. Using CloudGateway with ShareFile Enterprise, IT now can manage and secure this data for workers wherever they are. To start with, IT can provision and de-provision ShareFile accounts automatically when an employee is added to or removed from Active Directory. Once the account is provisioned, workers can access all of their data on any device through Citrix Receiver, and that data will follow the employee across all devices. To increase productivity, CloudGateway enables data associated with mobile apps or Windows apps delivered by Citrix XenApp to be accessible with a single click. And finally, in the event a device is lost or an employee leaves the organization, IT can remotely wipe all of the data. The same principal for apps exists as well – once users have chosen their apps, these apps follow the employee across all devices for the ultimate productivity.
The past two and a half months have been a crazy time to be on the Receivers and Gateways team here at Citrix, but I speak for all of us when I say we are proud of the progress we have made. I can now truly say that Citrix is in the mobile market to stay. CloudGateway 2 delivers on customers top priorities around enabling mobility with a solution that secures and mobilizes corporate data and apps, allows IT to say “yes” to all the amazing new devices that workers bring into the workplace every day and supports mobile workers in their quest to work from anywhere on any device.
Give it a try and let us know what you think!
1. Source: Forrsights Networks And Telecommunications Survey, Q1 2012, Forrester Research, Inc., 2012