2012 is off to a strong start for Citrix. We’ve just reported a great Q1, by driving unprecedented improvements in the way people use computing, the way mobile and cloud services are delivered, and how it all works behind the scenes.
We see a world where everyone’s mobile, everyone’s wireless, and everyone’s device is different. Workshifting is the norm. Workers manage their data and apps across multiple devices. People download the apps they need from an enterprise app store. And, it all takes place in the cloud. It’s a whole new world. Consumers are already there. Citrix is all about helping businesses make the transition.
We’re helping our customers embrace the exceptions of the PC era as the new assumptions of the Cloud era. Armed with these new assumptions about how people want to work, we are delivering solutions to move IT from a enterprise data center model to a flexible cloud services model. And along the way building an agile IT infrastructure that supports mobile workstyles and helps to accelerate our customers’ business:
- Enabling people to use the devices they love, with Citrix Receiver for over 1.5 billion tablets, smartphones, PCs, Macs and other devices
- Making it easy for people to meet anywhere with built-in voice and HD video, with GoToMeeting, supporting over 140M meetings a year and growing
- Helping IT transform Windows desktops and apps into cloud services, with XenDesktop and XenApp, growing to over 100M users worldwide
- Extending self-service app and data access with CloudGateway, now with over 100 verified Citrix-Ready web, SaaS and Windows apps available to over 200,000 customers worldwide
- Delivering secure, file sharing and sync services with ShareFile to over 20,000 businesses
- Making any network a cloud style network with NetScaler TriScale technology, for flexible growth extending from megabits to terabits, and more than 8X the capacity of our largest competitor.
- Building private clouds like the most respected public cloud providers, with CloudStack used in hundreds of production clouds, collectively generating more than $1 billion in cloud revenue.
Ultimately, we are working hard to help our customers capitalize on three powerful forces: the imperative for mobility, the enterprise cloud evolution, and the build-out of hosted cloud services. That’s exactly what we’ll be talking about and demonstrating at Synergy 2012, next week, May 9 – 11, at San Francisco’s Moscone Center. It’s the premier event on the convergence of cloud, virtualization, mobility and networking. You can register at ‘citrixsynergy.com.’.
As always, we’ll be introducing the future – with some exciting news and announcements, breakthrough technologies, new partnerships, and even a few surprises.
I’d like to personally invite you to come. I hope you’ll join us!