Delivering applications to IPv6 clients is no more an option – it’s a necessity. So what is the least disruptive way to ensure that you deliver your applications running on your internal IPv4 network to your customers, partners and remote employees connected via IPv6. That’s where comes a device like NetScaler with its capabilities to seamlessly connect IPv4 and IPv6 with each other on either side.
Let’s just make it simple – all you need to do is expose IPv6 connect points for each of your application on NetScaler that your IPv6 clients will connect to. And bind your IPv4 applications as services to virtual server with IPv6 address.
From thereon clients connect to virtual IPv6 addresses and NetScaler will ensure that the clients connect to the best available server to deliver the requested service. NetScaler connects to backend server using its own IPv4 addresses – in other words, NetScaler maintains an IPv6 connection with IPv6 client and an IPv4 connection with the backend server. Requests from clients on IPv6 connections are passed to the servers on IPv4 connections and similarly response from servers is passed back to clients.
What more – IPv4 clients can connect to IPv4 virtual IPs and their requests will be serviced by the same set of backend servers. Be it about testing new IPv6 applications or publishing IPv6 applications in the production environment, NetScaler provide the interconnectivity with minimum of efforts and maximum of gains.
Various modes supported are:
- IPv4 VIP -> IPv6 Real Servers
- IPv6 VIP ->IPv4 Real Servers
- IPv4 VIP ->Combination of IPv4 and IPv6 Real Servers
- IPv6 VIP ->Combination of IPv6 and IPv4 Real Servers
Freebies – There is lot more that comes along with delivering IPv4 applications using SLB64
- Publish new IPv6 applications to IPv4 and IPv6 clients
- Load Balancing features – health monitoring, multiple LB algorithms and persistency
- Application Acceleration – Offload, caching, TCP multiplexing etc
- Full featured Web Application Firewall
- Security – ACLs, Authentication and DDOS protection
- Static and Dynamic routing support for both IPv4 and IPv6 – including Policy Based Routing
- DNS support for IPv6
- GSLB over IPv6
- Complete management over IPv6 in native IPv6 environments
- HA over IPv6
Using SLB64 is one of the most important steps for enterprises to reach out to the IPv6 world and make their first transition move towards IPv6. As IPv6 gains momentum, there is investment protection guarantee in going with NetScaler IPv6 support.