If you’ve been following Citrix and its product offerings recently, you are likely aware that XenClient represents a key pillar of Citrix’ unique FlexCast model. Through its inclusion with XenDesktop Enterprise and Platinum editions, XenClient addresses key use cases that complete Citrix’ desktop virtualization portfolio. XenClient represents the extension of desktop virtualization and all its associated advantages to the disconnected laptop use case which, prior to a couple of years ago, there was no solution in the Citrix portfolio. Fast forwarding to this point in the product’s life (XenClient 2.1 is the current release), we’ve seen an amazing amount of interest in the product. Tens of thousands of users have downloaded and evaluated XenClient and have provided us tons of great feedback. Customers have told us they have been evaluating XenClient, kicking the tires, doing pilots, POCs and production deployments. As we planned for and built the next XenClient release, we looked carefully at the features customers were asking for that would allow them to extend their XenClient deployments to broader levels of use.
Those requested features will work their way into an upcoming release of XenClient. The best way to gain more knowledge about and leverage the latest in XenClient developments is to attend Synergy in San Francisco in May. The SYN127 – What’s new in XenClient breakout session will give you perspectives on the newest features that we’re working on to enable broadening your use of XenClient – opening up deployments to more and new types of users . The key themes of the release you will learn about are:
- Expanded hardware compatibility to support the latest platforms from Intel and the latest generation of laptops including Ultrabooks
- Delivering a native Windows user experience to broaden your deployments to new sets of users
- Enhanced product enterprise readiness of our management server, the Synchronizer for XenClient
- XenClient interoperability with other Citrix products for ubiquitous, secure access to user’s desktops and data
- Highlight existing real-world customer use of XenClient and how they plan to use it in the future
These themes and the associated features represent the most highly requested requirements directly from our enterprise customers. Register for Synergy and attend this session to get the details that will show you how to take advantage of the latest XenClient features that will elevate your deployment to the next level.
- Session ID: SYN127
- Title: What’s new in XenClient
- Date: Wednesday, May 9, 2:30 pm – 3:15 pm
- Room: Moscone West 2016
- Repeat Session Date: Friday, May 11, 1:00 pm – 1:45 pm
- Room: Moscone West 2016
Connect with the XenClient team online!