Our customers often ask how XenClient and XenDesktop work together. Citrix’s vision is to empower people to work from anywhere, on any device. For example, a mobile executive might use XenDesktop while at the office and XenClient while on the road. Citrix ShareFile ensures that whatever device a user is on, all their documents will always be there with them. We call this follow-me-data. I’ll show you how to use ShareFile to make transitioning between XenClient and XenDesktop a seamless process. This is great for busy executives who need to work on and offline with the latest devices such as Ultrabooks, iPads, or any other Receiver enabled device.
Install ShareFile in your XenClient Windows VM.
- Go to http://www.citrix.com/lang/English/lp/lp_2319353.asp.
- If you don’t already have a ShareFile account, create one.
- Download and install the Citrix Receiver with ShareFile Technology Preview client for Windows.
- When it finishes installing, it will run and ask you to enter your ShareFile username and password.
- Now you have a ShareFile folder in My Documents. Save all your files there and they will automatically be synchronized.
Repeat the steps above on your XenDesktop and you’re done! Your data will seamlessly follow you between your XenClient and XenDesktop VMs.
The Citrix Receiver with ShareFile Technology Preview client is also available for iOS, Android, and Mac. Citrix truly allows you to work from anywhere on any device!
Watch Brad Peterson and Mark Templeton demonstrating Follow-Me-Data and Follow-Me-Apps: http://www.citrix.com/tv/#videos/4741
Connect with the XenClient team online!