There are just under three weeks to go until we throw open the doors and welcome you to Citrix Synergy Barcelona, which means we’re busy putting the finishing touches on what promises to be a spectacular show in the Catalan capital!
As we continue the final countdown to our debut in this sparkling Mediterranean city, I’ll be sharing some final details about what we have in store for you over the next couple of weeks. In the meantime, I wanted to take this opportunity to talk to you about a crucial aspect (and arguably the future) of computing – the Cloud Era. This is the buzz word on everyone’s lips, but our vision for the cloud is different. Let me explain.
As the industry makes the transition from the old PC Era to the Cloud Era, many business and IT leaders are eager to take advantage of the benefits that the cloud can offer. Compared to traditional PC environments with locked-in hardware and software, cloud computing:
- Enables organizations to buy services instead of building everything in house
- Provides rapid scalability by tapping the capacity of cloud providers
- Offers a variable cost model to accommodate changes in demand
- Features a service-based approach, rather than a device-centric one, enabling apps and desktops to be accessible anywhere, on any device.
The Citrix vision of cloud computing includes a combination of personal, private and public clouds to meet the varying needs of enterprises and individuals. Synergy Barcelona will help you clarify your cloud knowledge and give you the chance to learn more about these three types of clouds, their value to your organization and the technologies that power them.
- The Personal cloud isthe new desktop for users, bringing together the applications, data and collaboration capabilities they use daily in both their work and personal lives
- The Private cloud is the collection of on-premises and SaaS applications, data, support and collaboration services that IT delivers to the enterprise
- The Public cloud is a collection of infrastructure services – applications, storage, compute capacity – that can be dynamically provisioned to businesses to help expand their existing IT capabilities. Enterprises can leverage the cost and capacity advantages of public clouds by seamlessly connecting them to on-premise and private cloud computing services
Cloud computing is undeniably a crucial advance in computing, as a host of visionary speakers including Citrix CEO Mark Templeton will explain. There is also an entire session track dedicated to Datacenter & Cloud where a knowledgeable team of experts will dive into various aspects of the cloud. Highlights from the line-up include:
- SYN201 – Hosting applications and desktops in the cloud: IT considerations for engaging with service providers
- SYN218 – Build your own highly scalable cloud with CloudStack
- SYN211 – Amazon Web Services and Citrix: cloud computing in action
Once you’ve heard our vision and understood the theory, the Citrix Solutions & Services Showcase will allow you to experience the technology firsthand, offering 54 demo stations and an area designed specifically for you to ‘Ask the Experts’ one on one. You can get further detail on NetScaler Cloud Gateway and NetScaler Cloud Bridge networking solutions and see how they act as a bridge between the three types of clouds.
Either way, Synergy will provide you with the perfect opportunity to broaden your cloud horizons – but for now, take a look at the dedicated Cloud Era area on the Citrix Synergy website for more inspiration. With that in mind, time is running out to book your place at Citrix Synergy Barcelona – so do make sure that you register now!