As your informal host for all things Synergy Barcelona, and someone who appreciates the value of socialising, I can assure you that the conference will offer practically unlimited opportunities to network – with old and new acquaintances, Citrix employees, Citrix partners and leading vendors. After all, one of the most important benefits of attending a professional event is getting face time with peers from other companies and business partners you might only know virtually.
Here is a recap of key Synergy activities, venues and tools to help you get the most from your networking, whether at a pre-scheduled one-on-one meeting, a group meeting or a casual social get-together:
- The Synergy Social Club: This is a brand-new networking tool, exclusively for Synergy attendees, which makes it easy and fun to connect with others, start a discussion and find people with similar interests. Think of it as Facebook with an exclusive membership. The tool allows you to create a profile where you can consolidate your blogs, tweets, pictures and video, so others can find and get to know you, and hopefully connect to talk business or meet up to discuss shared interests. On 4 October, registered attendees will get a notification email with login credentials for accessing The Synergy Social Club. So once you’re notified, sign up and get connected.
- The Event Connection Lounge: Need a formal area to talk business? This year we are offering the Event Connection Lounge, a meeting space conveniently located in the Entrance Hall, ground floor of CCIB. There are several tables that can be reserved, and wireless access is provided. The Event Connection tool, located in My Account under the Synergy Microsite, allows you to book a table and invite other attendees to join you. It’s easy to use. You don’t have to book in advance, although it is recommended, as the Lounge Hostess on site can also help.
- Welcome Reception: This kick-off event, held in the Solutions Expo, will be a popular Synergy networking spot and a wonderful introduction to the conference. It combines plenty of casual meet-and-greet opportunities with an initial look at the newest technologies on display at the sponsors’ booths and the Citrix Solutions and Services Showcase. Drinks and hors d’oeuvres will be available.
- Geek Speak Tonight! This is a lively happy hour and discussion forum for all you techies. Citrix Technology Professionals will lead the conversation but everyone is encouraged to chime in. This is a great way to meet other people with the same IT interests and challenges, and learn something as well!
- Regional get-togethers: Attendees will come from all over Europe and beyond, and to make it easy to meet others in your geography, we’re holding regional events during the first hour of the Synergy Party on Wednesday, 25 October at the Barceloneta Beach clubs. This is a great time to meet key Citrix staff and peers from your area and discuss geo-specific issues. The get-togethers are scheduled for 20:00 to 21:00, and drinks and hors d’oeuvres will be served.
- Synergy Party: Five of the hottest nightclubs in Barcelona will be the venue for a night of socialising, music, dancing and fun with the entire Synergy group, and they are located right on Barceloneta Beach. After enjoying your regional get-together at your assigned club, you can feel free to drop into any of the other four clubs from 21:00 to midnight to mix and mingle, club hop, take your shoes off and have fun getting to know each other. The five cool clubs are the Carpe Diem Lounge Club, Catwalk, Opium Mar, Shoko and Sotavento Beach Club.
With all these great networking options, you have everything you need to meet at least five new friends at Synergy Barcelona. In fact, I challenge you to set a personal “new friend” goal and exceed it. I’m setting the bar high for myself with a goal of meeting 10 new people.
I hope you found this information helpful. I want people to get to know each other, so providing all these networking options is the fun part of my hosting duties. Remember that you can email your questions about networking – and any other topics related to Synergy or Barcelona – to me at email@example.com , and don’t forget to follow me on Twitter @AskIngridBCN.
Stay tuned for my next Synergy update.