Any IT project is doomed to failure if the design and implementation aren’t planned and executed correctly. So if you have a desktop virtualisation project on the horizon or are in the middle of one right now, then why not get some best practice advice from our very own desktop virtualisation project experts in Citrix Consulting.
Take a look at what’s planned over the next 12 weeks and follow the links to sign up:
1. Citrix Consulting best practice:Desktop Virtualisation Primer Thu, Sep 15, 2011 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM BST (Registration Link)
New to desktop virtualisation – want to understand a little more about what it is and what business and IT problems it can help solve?
This webinar will give a no-nonsense overview of desktop virtualisation and look at the main problems organisations are addressing with desktop virtualisation.
2. Citrix Consulting best practice:Phase 1 – Establishing business priorities and mapping these to your Desktop Virtualisation project Thu, Sep 29, 2011 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM BST (Registration Link)
Before any organisation delves into the technical details associated with a desktop virtualisation implementation, it must perform the following critical exercises:
• Establish Business Priorities
• Assess the Time to Value
• Establish a Technology Roadmap
This webinar focuses on the details of these three steps and is based on Citrix Consulting Services’ real world implementation experience with virtual desktop solutions.
3. Citrix Consulting best practice:Phase 2 – Analysis – understanding your existing IT infrastructure Thu, Oct 13, 2011 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM BST (Registration Link)
Fully understanding the requirements of your existing desktop infrastructure is of critical importance before beginning to design any desktop virtualisation solution.
This webinar focuses on the tools and techniques we use within Citrix Consulting Services in order to gather data as accurately as possible. We’ll also discuss how to use a Proof of Concept to help garner support for the project as well as help define which features and components are likely to be within the project scope.
4. Citrix Consulting best practice: Phase 3 – Design – key concepts and approaches for designing your desktop virtualisation solution Oct 27, 2011 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM BST (Registration Link)
The conceptual and architectural designs define the blueprint upon which your desktop virtualisation project will be constructed. Your design will need to address availability & recovery, scalability & performance as well as security & administration.
This webinar focuses on the design decisions you will need to make in order to customise a ‘reference architecture’ into something that specifically address the business and technical requirements you have gathered.
5. Citrix Consulting best practice:Phase 4 – Build/Test – validating your design and making improvements Thu, Nov 10, 2011 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM GMT (Registration Link)
Validating that your desktop virtualisation design meets the expectations of the business, IT and your end users is an important aspect of the project lifecycle.
This webinar will provide additional insight into the configurations, optimisations, tweaks and best practices that Citrix Consulting Services has gathered through real world implementations.
6. Citrix Consulting best practice:Phase 5 – Rollout – going live and operational with your virtual desktops Thu, Nov 24, 2011 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM GMT (Registration Link)
Scaling out a proven and well performing desktop virtualisation implementation across all your users will require a firm understanding of all the new operational processes, support and helpdesk activities that will be required.
This webinar discusses some of the areas that we’ve seen customers struggle with, in order to allow you to effectively plan a smooth transition from project delivery into operational support.