EdgeSight 5.4 continues to enhance the power of knowing. Knowing what your end users are experiencing, knowing how your applications are performing on your XenApp and XenDesktop farms, and knowing how your infrastructure is affecting your end user’s experience. As product manager for EdgeSight, it’s exciting to bring new features to EdgeSight.
EdgeSight allows you to identify, investigate, and define a resolution for performance issues affecting one or more systems from a single user interface. You can use EdgeSight to display notifications of performance anomalies, display system performance metrics over time, display hardware and software changes on systems, and display how systems are using resources such as memory, CPU, and disk.
Allows support personnel to quickly identify the server accessed by a user and session and then display relevant performance information. Also, a wide range of network-related reports are available that provide information on ICA client traffic, ICA session latency, volume, delay, and round-trip time. Helps pinpoint application problems (crashes, slowness) and identify and define whether the problem is a “Citrix problem” or a result of network problems such as network delay, high round trip times, or Web errors.
EdgeSight does more than just help you solve problems; it can also help you in planning and implementing improvements in your enterprise. With EdgeSight, you can perform capacity planning, rollout new applications, manage multiple versions of applications, and implement licensing and compliance policies. Because it provides information on how you are utilizing your servers, applications, and license allowing customers to optimize capacity as needed.
What’s new in 5.4
EdgeSight 5.4 includes the following new features:
- EdgeSight Agent support for XenApp 6.5 for Windows 2008 R2. The EdgeSight for XenApp 6.x Agent x64 5.4 is supported on both XenApp 6.0 and XenApp 6.5 for Windows 2008 R2 systems.
- Support for SQL Server Reporting Services 2008 R2.
- Reporting on user/device license usage in the license trend and usage reports available on the Track Usage tab.
- The ability to export a list of user/device licenses currently checked out from a selected license server. The User/Device License List is available on the Track Usage tab.
- The addition of advanced EdgeSight Agent properties used to throttle the number and frequency of event log message alerts for each log type (Application, Security, and System).
Check out the eDocs for EdgeSight 5.4 for further details.