Citrix Synergy Barcelona is the second event in the 2011 Synergy conference program, but it’s certainly not second-best. Although it builds on the U.S. event, Synergy Barcelona stands on its own, with a full agenda of learning, networking and inspiration. Even the people who attended Synergy San Francisco will want to be in Barcelona, because so much has happened in the interim – particularly in the desktop virtualisation and cloud arenas, including the recent Citrix acquisition of Cloud.com.
The formal breakout sessions for Synergy Barcelona are now available in the online session catalog. These sessions have been carefully selected to:
- Deliver information on all the new Citrix products and technologies that have launched since San Francisco
- Provide content and presenters of special interest to a European audience
- Cover the newest versions of core Citrix products, including Citrix XenApp, Citrix XenServer, Citrix XenDesktop and Citrix NetScaler
As I mentioned, the session list builds on Synergy San Francisco, and updated content will be presented. There are a number of important new sessions:
- A five-part series on the FlexCast functionality of XenDesktop shows how easy it is to deliver the right type of virtual desktop for each user or group. Each session focuses on one of five Flexcast models: VDI, Hosted Shared desktops, Streamed VHD desktops, Local VM (XenClient) and On-demand Apps
- Multiple breakouts explore the tremendous value of NetScaler for companies of all sizes, plus NetScaler is also a powerful addition to virtualised and cloud environments. NetScaler Cloud Bridge and Cloud Gateway, and new NetScaler SDX for multi-tenancy will be featured.
- Several sessions focus on optimising the performance, security and speed of XenDesktop environments with XenApp application virtualisation.
In addition, we’re bringing back the popular Desktop Transformation series that was introduced in San Francisco. In this five-session series, Citrix Consulting Services will walk you through the transformation of traditional, distributed PCs into a virtual desktop environment. These sessions will include best practices, tips and invaluable advice.
I encourage you to review all the details of the sessions and start creating your personalised agenda for Synergy using the My Organiser tool in your My Synergy account.