This document will help Citrix Ready partner to enable USB Redirection on XenDesktop 5 and XenDesktop 5.5 for Citrix Ready Certification purpose.
1) Open Desktop Studio on XenDesktop 5/XenDesktop 5.5 Server, Start –> All Programs –> Citrix –>Desktop Studio
2) Expand HDX Policy, Select Users, Click on Edit –> Settings
3) In the Policy console, scroll down to USB Devices, Click Add on “Client USB device redirection”
4) Select Allowed and click on ok
5) Now Launch Virtual Desktop (Win7/Win XP) from the Web Interface
6) Click on Preference on Desktop Tool Bar (See below), Click on Devices and Select “Connect all available Devices Automatically” under When Desktop Startsand “Connect the Device Automatically” under When a USB Device is interested while using the desktop.
7) Plug a USB Device on your Client computer and verify whether it’s getting redirected. (Please see below)
If the USB Device are not shown under Devices, Click on Preference on Desktop Tool Bar (See below), Click on Devices and uncheck “Simplify device connections for me” and click Apply and OK and try again.
For more information please refer to CTX129558
If you need any further assitance please send an email to mailto:email@example.com