I am pleased to announce that XenServer 5.6 Service Pack 2 now available for download here.
This release includes a number of new features, ongoing improvements, including all hotfixes released since XenServer 5.6 Feature Pack 1 and a set of bugfixes. It also contains enhancements and fixes to the IntelliCache functionality for improved interoperability with XenDesktop.
XenServer 5.6 Service Pack 2 will be bundled with the concurrently released XenDesktop 5 Service Pack 1 release as the recommended and fully supported XenServer platform.
- IntelliCache: Using XenServer with IntelliCache makes hosted Virtual Desktop Infrastructure deployments more cost-effective by enabling you to use a combination of shared storage and local storage.
- Workload Balancing Installation Improvements: Choice of English or Japanese language available on installation screens.
- Local Storage Spans All Physical Volumes: When EXT local storage is used (e.g. when the “Use thin provisioning” is selected in the host installer), on a host containing multiple physical disks, the local Storage Repository (SR) now spans all the disks in a single LVM volume group.
- Reset-on-boot VM behavior: Disks with the “on-boot” option set to “reset”, is now available for disks in any type of SR. (Previously it was only available for disks in NFS and EXT SRs.)
- Block SCSI Generic Support: BSG support added enabling full compatibility with Emulex and QLogic management functionality.
- Enhanced Guest OS Support: Support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6.
The XenServer 5.6 SP2 Release Notes contains more details on this release.