I arrived at the Chelsea Football Club in London on Sunday, the venue for BriForum that’s going on this Tuesday and Wednesday, 10-11 May. I’ve spent lots of time with my counterparts from Intel, to sync up in person after months of remote discussions, and run our Citrix and Intel Demo Lab booth for the past two days. We’ve been catching up with attendees, speakers & other sponsors, and it has been really swell so far!
I’d been looking forward to this event for quite a while. This is the first time BriForum has been in Europe in a few years, and excitement had been surrounding this technical conference …not to mention, the agenda is awesome!
Seasoned speakers Ian Pratt from Citrix and Brian O’Regan from Intel presented the first session of the conference called, “Desktop Virtualisation Models & PC Capabilities – What’s the Best Fit for Your Users?” in Breakout Room #1 at 8:45am GMT and it was standing room only – a session not to be missed. A technical exploration of desktop virtualisation via live demos and thoughtful, interactive discussion, and the audience was encouraged to participate by asking & responding to questions throughout this 75-minute session.
Here are some of the other great topics that caught my eye:
- Why VDI adoption has been slow & how Desktop Virt will change the future -- A very good session by Ron who is always entertaining & shares fantastic info.
- Remoting Protocols Turned Inside Out -- Didn’t have a chance to attend this one, but Benny and Shawn are always a great duo who share tons of useful content.
- MFCOM to PowerShell: How to Make the Transition -- Jason and Brandon also rock, this session is well worth it so make sure you catch the latest version of it at Geek Speak Live! at Synergy!
- The Future of the Desktop: What Should It Do and What Should It Look Like? -- An informal chat on desktop virtualisation futures by Brian and Harry – loved it.
- How to Determine Perceived Performance -- I had to miss this one due to a conflicting session, but I’m sure it was excellent… Tim is a master of the trade and he always delivers engaging presentations.
- XenClient Hypervisor: Myths & Facts About Real World Readiness -- w/ Thorsten
- Citrix Web Interface: Gross Anatomy and Extreme Makeover -- w/ Jason
- Decoding HDX Multimedia -- w/ Rick
- Get Down and Dirty with XenDesktop 5 CLI -- w/ Brandon
- Windows IOPS deep dive -- w/ Jim
- Best Practices in Virtualising RDS & Virtual Desktops -- w/ Ruben & Jeroen
- VirtuALL User Environment Manager: A Deep Dive into a Free Tool -- w/ Pierre
- Myths and Realities: How Users and Devices Are Taking Over Corporate IT -- w/ Brian
Haven’t had a chance to catch any of today’s sessions yet, but I’m heading into Brandon’s now…
If you’re attending BriForum London, I’m sure we’ll have a chance to meet at a session, in a hallway, or at the Citrix and Intel booths #8 and 9 that are just to the left as you’re walking into the Demo Lab through the main entrance. Stop by to say hello, check out some demos, and have a chat with some pretty cool geeks.
Citrix Systems, Inc.
Follow me on Twitter