Citrix Support is focused on ensuring Customer and Partner satisfaction with the support of our products. One of our initiatives is to increase the ability of our Partners and Customers to leverage self-service avenues for finding answers and resolving problems. A key area that the Support teams focus on is development of troubleshooting and health checking tools.
XDPing is one of the most popular tools available from Citrix Support, not only because its a XenDesktop dedicated tool, but because it allows you to easily check for common issues in a XenDesktop environment. The tool can be used to verify configuration settings on both the XenDesktop Broker and VDA machines, both from the console and remotely.
So what checks and information is displayed?
- Information and status of Network Interfaces and Network settings. (Console Only)
- Performs DNS lookup and reverse lookup on the IP address of the device.
- Information on Time synchronization and time check for Kerberos Authentication (Console Only)
- User information for login User (Console Only)
Including User details, Authentication type used, Group Membership.
- Machine information (Console Only)
Environment information (Computer Name, operating system version, Domain)
Domain membership verification (Membership = Verified, SID:S-X-X-XX-XXXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXX-XXXXX OK)
- Information on XenDesktop Services (Windows Communication Foundation Endpoints) installed and confirms if each installed service is responsive. (Console Only)
- Displays information on the Windows Firewall installed on the VDA and checks if the important ports are configured correctly.
- Queries the local event log to check for known events that are related to XenDekstop.
- Provides client bandwidth and response time information from the VDA to the client.
This tool was tested on XenDesktop 2.1, 3.x, 4.0, and 5.0 releases
You can download XDPing here.
Also find below a video by Support Engineer Seamus McLaughlin, providing an overview and demo of XDPing.