Calling all Boston area users, administrators and technical enthusiasts!
Virtualization Deep Dive Day is the Virtualization Group – Boston’s third annual deep dive into all things virtual! Speakers from around the industry will deliver deep technical discussions about all forms of virtualization. They’ll cover server, desktop, application, presentation, and storage virtualization, the cloud, and more!
Date: March 11, 2011 (Friday)
Time: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM EST
There’s still time to sign up, so register now!
Virtualization Deep Dive Day is an all-day event with multiple tracks and, understanding that some folks are new to virtualization, there will also be some “hit the ground running” sessions to get you started. So whether you’re a newbie or a virtualization expert, there will be great content tailored to you. Sponsors include Citrix, IBM, Microsoft, and others!
For a full overview and sponsor list, visit the Event Homepage.
Event schedule summary:
- Breakfast. Beat the traffic and arrive in time for a continental breakfast. This will be your best opportunity to network with fellow attendees and to visit the event sponsors to find out about their latest offerings. There will be a great set of sponsors from across the industry with technical experts on-hand to show you their products and answer your technical questions.
- Opening Session & Keynote. Tim Mangan, Virtualization User Group Boston President, will welcome you and explain how the day will work. Next is the keynote address, “The Cloud vs. My Cloud – On and Off Premise Adoption of Cloud Architectures” that will be delivered by Oved Laurie, Director of Product Management for the Datacenter and Cloud Division at Citrix.
- Breakout Sessions. There are four simultaneous breakout session tracks. You can attend three breakouts in the morning, plus three more in the afternoon. Citrix-led breakout sessions include:
-- A Deep Dive into XenDesktop 5 (with Demos) – Jerry Shea, Sr. Virtualization Engineer, Citrix
-- Using the correct Hypervisor for the Job – Tim Mackey, Datacenter & Cloud Division, Citrix
- Lunch. Lunch will be provided and the sponsors will have a very short opportunity to share information about what they do.
- Closing & Prizes. The closing session. Door prizes will be provided to the lucky winners.
Here’s a snapshot of the event schedule:
- For the latest version of the event schedule, see Event Schedule.
- For more details about each breakout session, see Event Details.
- To find out more about participating speakers, see Famous Speakers.
Regis College is on Wellesley Street, which is just a few miles off of I-95 (Rt 128) between Rts 20 and 30 in Weston. Once on site you will find signs to lead you to the free parking right outside Alumni Hall. Registration is on the first floor (lower level), and we recommend parking in the back to use the entrance on that level.
If you plan to be in or around Boston on March 11th, I hope you can attend! Stay tuned to the Citrix User Group Community site for news and information about upcoming Citrix User Group meetings and activities.
Citrix Systems, Inc.
Follow me on Twitter