Citrix Support is focused on ensuring Customer and Partner satisfaction with the support of our products. One of our initiatives is to increase the ability of our Partners and Customers to leverage self-service avenues for finding answers and resolving problems. A key area that the Support teams focus on is development of troubleshooting and health checking tools.
The XDPing tool is a command-line based application which automates the process of checking for the causes of common configuration issues in a XenDesktop environment. The tool can be used to verify configuration settings on both the XenDesktop Broker and VDA machines, both from the console and remotely.
Depending on how the tool is run, and from where, the following checks and information can be displayed:
- Information and status of Network Interfaces and Network settings. (Console Only)
- Performs DNS lookup and reverse lookup on the IP address of the device.
- Information on Time synchronization and time check for Kerberos Authentication (Console Only)
- User information for login User (Console Only)
- Including User details, Authentication type used, Group Membership.
- Machine information (Console Only)
- Environment information (Computer Name, operating system version, Domain)
- Domain membership verification (Membership = Verified, SID:S-X-X-XX-XXXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXX-XXXXX OK)
- Information on XenDesktop Services (Windows Communication Foundation Endpoints) installed and confirms if each installed service in responsive. (Console Only)
You can download XDPing here.
Also find below a video by Support Engineer Seamus McLaughlin, providing an overview and demo of XDPing.