As virtual datacenters (including cloud computing), very large enterprises with “private clouds”, service providers and Web Hosting customers expand their types of applications and traffic levels, they need to scale their operations and enable more simultaneous feature support than ever before. These new NetScaler models provide the mandatory “carrier-class” performance, the features to match and scalability. These compact 2U space conscious appliances transform the economics of Application Delivery Infrastructures by bringing Cloud Agility and Scale to Enterprise and Service Providers:
- Superior support for multi-tenant cloud infrastructures and their shared services model. These multi-tenancy environments are enhanced through policy-based routing (PBR) and network-aware policies. PBR allows an administrator to control server responses coming from the NetScaler based on any Layer 2-4 parameter. This ensures that the response stays within the designated private cloud. Network-aware policies work similarly but in the reverse direction. The administrator can secure the vservers by taking requests only coming from specific VLANs or private clouds or other Layer 2-4 parameter. In turn, this provides a way to segment back-end servers and applications on a per tenant basis.
- Optimization of the growing use of Web 2.0-based and video applications using “fast XPath” content-based routing and caching for XML and JSON derives many benefits. Content-based routing is offloaded from the middleware to the network for greater efficiency. Deep XML payload inspection is provided to allow routing of requests based on XML content; routing can be up to fifty times faster versus standard LibXML XPath. XML Xpath support provides greater Web 2.0 application intelligence. Expanded appliance cache capacity improves the delivery of “hot” video content including videos, podcasts and images.
- Superior service level agreements (SLAs), such as those achieved in enterprises, are now available to cloud computing. Automatic, real-time balancing of traffic between public and private clouds is provided through the use of GSLB Spillover. ActiveN clustering provides high availability with improved utilization.
- Maximizing performance for cloud-scale deployments. These models support from 20 to 50 Gbps of HTTP throughput and provide many additional high performance specifications including over 50 million simultaneous TCP connections, 220,000 SSL TPS and 12 Gbps of application firewall security. Flexible scaling permits the performance levels to be increased 2.5X with a software license upgrade; this prevents the need to initially over provision bandwidth yet prevent future costly forklift upgrades. The appliances’ nCore design allows incoming traffic flows to be distributed equally across all cores for maximum concurrent feature support. Competitive designs often have core synchronization overhead or unbalanced network traffic.
- Simplified management and migration of the application infrastructure. Through the use of “one click” AppExpert templates and AppExpert visualizer, installation and configuration is eased. Role based administration is extended to support enterprise applications.