We all know there are compelling reasons to virtualize desktops and applications, but the fact of the matter is that the success of any desktop virtualization project depends on the user experience that’s delivered. So if you’re an IT professional rolling out XenDesktop, you need to attend Synergy in San Francisco next month and technical session SYN334, HDX Internals: How to Deliver a Great Multimedia Experience. Juan Rivera and I will be sharing the critical tips and tricks to tune XenDesktop 4 for audio and video across LAN and WAN connections so that you can deliver the best multimedia experience and become an IT hero!
Here are just a few of the topics we’re planning to cover:
- How to validate your HDX configuration
- What is chroma subsampling and when should you use it (or not)?
- Balancing frame rate and image quality for WAN-connected users
- Why adjusting virtual channel priorities is critical for multimedia
- Webcams and softphones
- Multimedia delivery to branch offices
So please join us in Moscone West 2008/2010/2012 at 9:00am on Wednesday, May 12th, or for the repeat session Thursday at 11:30am, and learn how to make XenDesktop sing and dance!
Citrix Product Strategist, HDX