Citrix Support is focused on ensuring Customer and Partner satisfaction with the support of our products. One of our initiatives is to increase the ability of our Partners and Customers to leverage self-service avenues for finding answers and resolving problems. A key area that the Support teams focus on is development of troubleshooting and health checking tools.
The MedEvac tool is used to run checks against a XenApp server farm to verify environment health.
This tool can be used to check the following components of a XenApp farm:
- Verifies that the XML Service is able to respond to an XML, Web Interface, XenApp Plugin or Program Neighborhood requests
- Verifies that the XML Brokers are able to contact the data collector
- Verifies data collector is able to provide a least-loaded server for the specified application
- Verifies the IMA Service on the data collector is functioning properly
- Verifies the IMA Service can read the data collector’s local host cache
- Verifies that the IMA Service can read its dynamic store data
- Verifies at least one server in the farm has this application published
- Verifies Terminal Services on the least-loaded server
- Verifies the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Service on the least-loaded server
You can download MedEvac here.
Also find below a video by Escalation Engineer Omar Singh, providing an overview and demo of MedEvac.