A day doesn’t go by when I don’t get an email from sales, partners and customers asking for a private build of XenApp for Windows Server 2008 R2 and I am happy to say that the wait is over. The XenApp on Windows Server 2008 R2 Tech Preview is now available for download. We have nearly 1300 customers and partners pre-registered… have you? Here’s what’s exciting about the new release.
- More users, faster logons – Get up to 20% more users per server with XenApp on the R2 platform and faster logons with new Profile management streaming technology that improves user profile load times by up to 80%.
- Seamless management integration – Role-based installation wizards, a new unified application management console, management through Active Directory group policies and support for PowerShell 2.0 help you deploy, configure and automate XenApp faster and easier than ever before.
- More apps in HDX – HDX RealTime now delivers high quality audio using up to 90% less bandwidth and enables video conferencing using Microsoft Office Communicator or teleconferencing using VoIP softphones. New HDX Plug-n-Play support for Windows portable USB devices lets users connect more of the devices they need to the applications they use including point-of-sale, webcams, scanners, digital cameras and more.
- Self-service application delivery – Citrix Dazzle, the first self-service “storefront” for the enterprise, gives corporate employees 24×7 access to the applications they need to work. Citrix Streaming technology with Windows service isolation and Microsoft App-V integration provide new options for delivering more applications to your users.
- Complete mobility – New plug-ins as well as updated Receivers for Mac, iPhone, Android, and Windows Mobile, keep business moving by enabling complete mobility and freedom to access enterprise applications from anywhere.
We’re excited to make this technology preview available and look forward to your feedback. If you have questions or need support, a Worldwide support team dedicated to answering your questions is available through our online support forum. Additionally, we will be sharing videos, blogs and demonstrations with detailed information on the tech preview in the Citrix community. Get connected and download the tech preview to experience it for yourself.
Download the Tech Preview for XenApp for Windows Server 2008 R2
Register for the TechTalk on January 6th