As announced on August 31st, HDX 3D for Professional Graphics is now available for download. There’s also lots of great documentation on HDX 3D Pro Graphics now on our Support site (scroll down to the bottom of the Product Documentation for XenDesktop 3 page). Or if you are just looking for a high-level overview, be sure to visit hdx.citrix.com.
Here are some highlights of this new XenDesktop feature:
- Supports the delivery of 3D professional graphics applications, both OpenGL and DirectX based, which need graphics hardware (GPU) acceleration for optimal performance.
- Works as an add-on to XenDesktop 3 and XenDesktop 3 Feature Pack 1.
- Automatically adjusts compression based on bandwidth and available resources. Delivers full HDX user experience on a LAN (100 Mbps) and very usable, interactive experience over a WAN (2 Mbps or above, with up to about 200 ms roundtrip latency). Makes desktop virtualization viable and practical for design engineers, architects, and other professional graphics users.
- Supports high resolution monitors (e.g. 1920 x 1200). For best results over limited bandwidth WAN connections, resolutions of 1280 x 1024 or below are recommended.
- Provides a real-time image quality configuration tool with an easy way to switch between a sharper image or smoother motion (great when working on a limited bandwidth connection).
- HDX 3D host workstation (e.g. blade or rack workstation in the data center) is supported on Windows XP SP3 32-bit Professional.
- HDX 3D online plug-in for Windows (client) is supported on Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 and Windows Vista. The plug-in is supported on both 32-bit and 64-bit OS versions.
Download a free Eval and try it out!
HDX Product Strategist