In this course, learners will be introduced to Citrix Essentials™ for Hyper-V™ and gain the knowledge needed to perform basic installation and configuration tasks. Through online simulations, students will install and configure key features and explore product capabilities, such as virtual storage management, provisioning services, lifecycle management and workflow studio.
This course is designed for IT professionals, architects, systems engineers, server administrators, engineers, Citrix Partners and Microsoft Partners.
Prior to taking this course, it is recommended that students possess the following knowledge/experience:
• A basic knowledge of the purpose and goals of virtualization technology
• An intermediate familiarity with Microsoft® Hyper-V
• An understanding of computing architecture, including network and storage devices, device drivers and operating systems
• Basic experience installing and administering Windows Server™ 2003 or Windows Server 2008
• Intermediate knowledge of network devices and site architecture, including configuring vLANs
• Basic knowledge of storage terminology and technologies, including partitions, SANs, LUNs, iSCSI, and NFS and CIFS file shares
Upon successful completion of this course, learners are able to demonstrate the following objectives:
• Identify requirements and process for a basic implementation of Essentials for Hyper-V
• Describe the key features including:
o Dynamic provisioning
o Lab management
o High availability
• Execute basic functions including product installation, and demonstrate familiarity with the Administrative consol and user interface for basic operations and maintenance
• Describe the high-level concepts of Workflow Studio
Follow me on Twitter.