I recently returned from PubForum 09 that ran from June 5-7 in Dublin, Ireland. What an incredible event it turned out to be, further strengthening PubForum’s excellent seven-year track record as one of the most well respected IT industry conferences in the world. All seats were filled prior to the event, and the speakers and attendees seemed to enjoy every minute of this content- and discussion-rich conference!
As I described in a recent blog post, we ran a Geek Speak Live! track at PubForum this year that proved to be a fantastic addition to the event. Some highlights of Geek Speak Live! at PubForum included a Geek Speak room on Saturday, and the following individual sessions:
- Shawn Bass’s thought-provoking “XenDesktop 3.0 and Its Impact on the VDI Landscape” session that was a follow-on to his Geek Speak Tonight! session at Synergy in May
- Radoslaw Smigielski’s “XenServer Deep Dive” session, the informative opening session in the Geek Speak room on Saturday
- Rene Vester’s provocative “Essentials for… Virtualization” session that turned into an active Q&A and sparked several related follow-on discussions
- Rich Crusco’s discussion on “What’s New in Provisioning Server,” a great session that resulted in a very interesting Q&A
- The Geek Speakeasy Discussion Club…two hours of ongoing discussions covering a variety of technical topics from the Value of Today’s Hottest Technologies to What Does Citrix Need to Do to Stay in Business?
I’ve posted a collection of photographs “hot off the presses” of the speakers and attendees at the PubForum keynote and Geek Speak Live! track sessions, as well as some great Dublin scenery that was within walking distance from the conference. If you didn’t have the chance to attend PubForum this year, these photographs will give you insight into the good times that were had.
Click here to view the collection of event photos.
Citrix Systems, Inc.