Citrix online group released a beta version of new product called GoView this week.
Here is my first look at this product. I would like to share a short demo recording I created using GoView and some tips and tricks I learned from this first try.
I signed up at goview.com web site
I got it up and running with a few clicks and under a minute. Time may vary depending on your network and compute speed.
Record my first screen cast:
I didn’t have to read any document and I was able to create my first test screen cast without any trouble. And the performance is good. Please see my test recording.
Things I like and things that differentiate this product:
- Simplicity. I’ve used other similar products. This product doesn’t have all the bells and whistles. But it is definitely the simplest and easiest one to use I’ve seen.
- Video is uploaded while I am recording. I don’t have to perform an additional upload step.
- Ability to protect shared video with a password.
- Easy and intuitive editing tool to cut out the unwanted portion. The tool also allows a slide show to be inserted which is useful for transition into another sequence.
- Ability to download your recordings as MPEG-4 files.
Things I would like to see added:
- Ability to embed views in my blog
- Ability to zoom in and out of an area while recording.
I was told that the GoView product team has these features on their list for future development consideration already.
Additional demo videos that may be helpful:
These videos include audios.
Tips and Tricks:
- If you use dual monitors, you may want to move your desktop icons and windows task bar to your secondary monitor, so that your primary monitor has a clean background for recording.
- You can pause recording when you need to prepare the screen for the next sequence and resume when you are ready.
GoView is free during the beta testing. Give it a try yourself at http://goview.com
Send your feedback via the feedback link on help page. I got my response back in an hour. The team is listening.
I’d love to hear your experience and see your own cool demos.