Sleeping on an airplane can be a challenge. Some folks use over the counter cold medicines to help fall asleep during airplane fights. Some people go straight for the designer pharmaceuticals! And there is the rare person that simply grabs one of those sketchy airplane pillows and voila – sleep ensues. I tend to like curling up with a nice marketing free, data rich, (graphs are the best) virtualization performance testing white paper! Assuming you still have budget for travel – on your next plane flight try reading one or more of the virtualization performance white papers linked below. Bet you can’t finish one before cutting some zzzzz’s!
Kidding aside, HP publishes some awesome technical papers. HP is a long standing and strategic partner of ours and we value their commitment and investment in support of Citrix as evidenced by the performance characterization papers below. What’s nice is these papers are pretty much marketing free. HP ProLiant Solution Engineering develops papers like these as part of their extensive and ongoing commitment to joint solution testing with Citrix. Whether you are traveling or not these papers are definitely worth a read.
Check out the ProLiant DL785 paper: XenServer performance overhead as low as 3%, and the ProLiant BL465 paper: XenServer performance overhead as low as 10%. So without further verbiage, here are the links:
- Virtualizing 64-bit workloads with XenServer and HP ProLiant DL785 G5
- Virtualizing 64-bit workloads with XenServer and HP ProLiant BL465 G5
- Virtualizing 64-bit workloads with Xenserver and HP ProLiant BL685 G5
- Virtualizing 64-bit workloads with XenServer on HP ProLiant BL680c G5
- Consolidating servers with 32-bit workloads – XenServer on HP ProLiant BL680c G5
Now where is that pillow!