Hi and welcome to the Citrix Receiver for iPhone community site,
First let me introduce myself, my name is Adam Jaques and I’m one of the Managers at Citrix who is responsible for the release of the Citrix Receiver for iPhone (known as project Braeburn). If you haven’t seen it already, I’m the guy doing the iPhone demo earlier on in the year of one of our very very very early prototypes!
The group that I work for within Citrix is called Advanced Products, we are a worldwide group that typically looks at future technologies that Citrix will develop or utilise within our product set. In fact, earlier this year we caught up with Brian Madden whilst he was in Australia, he wrote about us on his site.
Project Braeburn is certainly a global effort with development taking place out of our offices in Sydney, Australia (can anyone guess why it’s called Project Braeburn?), but also being contributed to by engineers and architects in the UK and USA. We are all really excited to be working on this project on such a great platform.
You’ll be hearing much more from me over the coming months leading up to the first release of project Braeburn, but I wanted to take this opportunity to welcome you to the site and encourage you to check back here regularly to get the scoop on how the project is progressing. This site will also give you a great opportunity… to interact directly with the team that is actually producing the project.
This site will allow you to:
- Meet the team and find out what were thinking of for the evolution of what’s sure to be a very cool piece of software.
- Learn about how Citrix intends to release Project Braeburn onto the Apple AppStore.
- Ask questions of the team through the forums.
- Report any issues you have with the client when it is released and let us help you out.
- Add any feature suggestions or point out anything we’ve missed so that we can get right on it!
So once again, welcome! And I look forward to you being a regular visitor.