Yesterday, we released the Application Streaming Profiler SDK version 1.2, and it is now available as a free download.
This SDK allows creating applications or scripts that automate the management of streaming profiles. The API allows creating, updating, reseting and deleting profiles, and can be combined with automatic starts of unattended installers. Without this SDK, these tasks could only be done through the Streaming Profiler user interface and would require the physical presence and monitoring of an administrator.
Here follow a list of improvements in this second release of the SDK:
- New APIs for Inter-Isolation Communication profiles: The New IRADEPackage2 classes include support for defining links between profiles.
- Includes the TLB file that allows the easy creation of COM client applications with C++.
- Includes and explains multiple working samples in both C# and C++.
- The files included in this SDK are better organized for easy navigation.
For more information about Application Streaming see the product documentation or search for “Application Streaming” on the Citrix Blogs, and for detailed questions about the SDK, visit the dedicated Community Forum. Also, keep monitoring the Citrix Blogs because Joe Nord, our Product Architect for Application Streaming, will soon post entries to further explain the Streaming Profiler, the SDK, and this release.
Very important: we want to know about your experience with this SDK:
- Have you been able to use the SDK effectively?
- What else would you like to see in the SDK?
Lastly, XenApp 5.0 was announced earlier this week. If you want to learn more about it, you should not miss Citrix Delivery Center Live. This live virtual event will take place on September 9th. Make sure to register now!