If you have an AutoCAD customer, who wants to deliver AutoCAD on XenApp, they now can upgrade to AutoCAD Map 3D, which is part of the “Citrix Ready” program. AutoCAD Map 3D 2009 software contains all the features and functionality of AutoCAD 2009, which is automatically installed when you install AutoCAD Map 3D 2009. Please find below a compilation of those most frequently asked questions about the partnership and the combined technologies.
1. What are the benefits of deploying AutoCAD Map 3D on Citrix XenApp?
- Facilitate IT centralization efforts that can reduce costs through server consolidation and single-point management.
- Improve IT efficiency by reducing or eliminating the need to touch each user desktop.
- Centrally install and roll out upgrades and patches to users quickly and painlessly.
2. Are other AutoCAD 2009 platform–based applications available that are Citrix Ready?
- No. AutoCAD Map 3D 2009 is the only AutoCAD 2009–based application that has been designated Citrix Ready.
3. How does AutoCAD Map 3D performance in a Citrix environment compare to AutoCAD Map 3D installed in a stand-alone environment?
Performance of AutoCAD Map 3D 2009 on Citrix technology varies by task. The following guidelines are typical of applications deployed using Citrix technology.
- Access speeds to databases (for example, Oracle and ArcSDE) may show significant improvement because the data will likely reside on the same server or another server, resulting in reduced network traffic to client machines.
- Large drawing files (for example, DWG files) hosted on the server do not have to go through a local area network or wide area network so access speeds are often improved.
4. Can I customize the AutoCAD Map 3D user interface differently for individual users in a Citrix deployment?
- Yes. For complete instructions, refer to the Citrix Ready AutoCAD Map 3D Installation and Setup Guide at www.citrixandautodesk.com
5. Where can I purchase a Citrix Ready version of AutoCAD Map 3D?
- Citrix Ready AutoCAD Map 3D 2009 is available worldwide. Contact your local Autodesk Authorized Reseller for more information. To locate a reseller near you, visit www.autodesk.com/reseller*.*
6. Can I try AutoCAD Map 3D 2009 software before I buy it?
- Yes, you can try it out by requesting the AutoCAD Map 3D 2009 software trial version. This fully functioning version of AutoCAD Map 3D is available as a free* 30-day trial. You can order the trial DVD from your Autodesk Authorized Reseller or online at www.autodesk.com/autocadmap3d-trial*.*
Note: The trial version of AutoCAD Map 3D software allows only
7. How is Citrix Ready AutoCAD Map 3D 2009 software licensed?
- If you purchase the Citrix Ready version of AutoCAD Map 3D, a license addendum allows you to install one copy of the software on your Citrix server, providing access up to a number of concurrent users equal to the number of seats purchased.
For more information please refer to our co-branded microsite, www.citrixandautodesk.com