…Not the city, of course, and not the Virginia Woolf book, though I’m sure you can gain a lot from either of these endeavors.
No, it’s time to download and check out the new features, enhancements and improvements in the next version of Citrix XenServer, codenamed “Project Orlando.” The public beta release is available now.
Highlights of the release include:
- Automated high availability
- Windows Server 2008 guest support
- Persistent performance statistics and metrics
- Fully integrated Fibre Channel multipath support with configuration via XenCenter
- VM grouping, searching and tagging
- Email alerts
- Disaster recovery for VM metadata
- Active/active NIC aggregation
- Xen hypervisor updated to version 3.2
- XenConvert P2V migration tool
- Wider hardware support
…and many more.
For more details, the release notes are available with the download.
Then click on the Downloads link at the top of the page, and choose Citrix XenServer -- it’s the last one in the list. Then you’ll see the link to the beta software.
To discuss the beta software, for support, or to report issues, use the new XenServer “Project Orlando” beta forum.
We’re proud of this latest step forward in the evolution of XenServer, and look forward to hearing from you.