XenClient 5.5 is a major advancement in client virtualization systems which further supports mobile workstyles and the steadily increasing use of corporate laptops. It includes the most highly requested features from our enterprise customers to strengthen control for IT while increasing freedom for users.
The key high-level themes of XenClient 5.5 are outlined below.
Stronger management and security
- Support for 802.1x wireless certificates enhances security and increases flexibility of deployments to IT
- Redesigned Synchronizer console looks and feels like XenDesktop and any other Citrix product to provide a seamless experience to IT
- Support for Citrix licensing simplifies XenClient deployments and deepens XenDesktop integration by leveraging a known process and license
Improved user experience
- 3D graphics acceleration lets users run visually rich, graphically intensive 3D apps on supported 4th Generation Intel® Core™ platforms
- Users get improved graphics-enabled Microsoft Windows Aero and DirectX apps with Windows 7 WDDM driver support
- Expanded support for 4th Generation Intel® Core™ platforms allows users to run the hottest new devices