XenClient Enterprise is comprised of two main components. The first is the client hypervisor, XenClient Enterprise Engine. The second is the management server, XenClient Enterprise Synchronizer.
XenClient Enterprise Engine Requirements
XenClient Enterprise Engine is compatible with a broad range of modern desktop and laptop PCs. Most systems meeting the following requirements are XenClient Enterprise-ready:
- Processor: Intel x86-64 equipped with Virtualization Technology (VT-x) extensions or AMD equipped with AMD Virtualization (AMD-V) extensions.
- Graphics Controller: Intel, NVIDIA or ATI.
- System Memory: 4 GB to run one guest virtual machine. 1 GB per additional guest virtual machine is recommended.
Before purchasing new systems, please check the hardware compatibility list.
XenClient Enterprise Synchronizer Requirements
XenClient Enterprise Synchronizer's modest resource needs allow it to run on most contemporary servers that meet the following requirements:
- Operating System: Windows Server 2008 R2, 64-bit with Hyper-V (Standard, Enterprise or DataCenter)
- Processor: Intel Xeon 2.0 GHz, AMD Opteron (Dual Core or better)
- Available Disk Space: 200GB minimum*
- System Memory: 6 GB minimum, 8 GB recommended
XenClient Enterprise Synchronizer requires a database. MS SQL Express is included in the installation media.
* XenClient Enterprise Synchronizer uses disk space to store Guest VM images, ISO installation media, and block level backups. Disk space requirements are based on the number of clients and the backup retention policies. Backup and ISO storage locations are configurable in XenClient Enterprise Synchronizer. Remote storage (CIFS, iSCSI, NFS, Fiber Channel) is recommended for larger installations.