Citrix NetScaler represents a new class of transparent, easy-to-deploy hybrid networking solutions for web, SaaS and mobile applications at the Internet's "last mile", seamlessly knitting on-premises and off-premises capabilities to create a true end-to-end service delivery fabric. It enables enterprises and internet apps and content providers alike to apply traditional application delivery acceleration, security and availability options to any cloud service, delivered from any cloud, to any user. NetScaler CloudConnector extends the traditional networking footprint beyond the four walls of the enterprise datacenter to points of presence all over the world, while CloudBridge ensures the security and optimization of a cloud-extended datacenter.
CloudConnector helps you:
- Accelerate dynamic mobile, Web and SaaS apps: As applications become more dynamic, an increasing proportion of user requests must transit all the way to the datacenter origin, putting the network link between the cloud delivery network (CDN) PoPs and the datacenter on the "critical path". CloudConnector for CDN applies symmetric TCP optimizations, data compression and data deduplication techniques to mitigate latency between the datacenter and the CDN PoPs, accelerating application response time by up to five times.
- Reduce network bandwidth requirements: The same techniques used to mitigate latency and accelerate response time also dramatically reduce data volumes out of the datacenter. NetScaler CloudConnector for CDN cuts bandwidth needs by up to 95 percent, even for dynamically generated content.
- Preserve security: For applications where security and privacy are paramount, NetScaler CloudConnector for CDN preserves full data encryption between the CDN PoPs and the origin datacenter.
CloudBridge helps you:
- Use the cloud, but keep data safe: It provides built‐in security for data in motion between the enterprise datacenter and the cloud. It also prevents unapproved traffic from flowing in either direction. Further, since cloud‐hosted applications can access enterprise resources such as storage devices and databases, confidential data can be kept on-premises.
- Dramatically reduce the cost and complexity of moving applications to the cloud: Applications no longer have to be re-architected or carved out from the existing datacenter environment. They can continue using common application services hosted in the enterprise datacenter, and they do not require major reconfiguration or rewiring of the enterprise network.
- Efficiently and consistently use the same tools, processes and staff: By making cloud‐hosted applications appear as though they are on the enterprise network, the same tools can be used to manage them. By maintaining the ability to use centralized management, the same processes and staff can also be retained. This also reduces investment in cloud‐specific APIs and portals and avoids the creation of cloud silos.
- Accelerate adoption of cloud computing: IT organizations can go beyond self‐contained, single server applications and beyond relatively straightforward cloud-based test and development environments. With NetScaler CloudBridge, complex, multi-tier, production applications can reside in the cloud, the enterprise datacenter or span both environments.