BARCELONA, Spain – Today at Citrix Synergy™, the conference where mobile workstyles and cloud services meet, Citrix announced new innovations in its desktop virtualization solution with tech previews of Citrix VDI-in-a-Box™ and Citrix XenClient® and a new release of the Citrix AppDNA software. In addition, new Citrix Ready® partner products are being released at Citrix Synergy, which leverage the HDX system-on-chip architecture for low-cost and innovative form-factor devices. Citrix continues to focus on developing market-leading desktop virtualization solutions, acquiring innovative technology and teams and spearheading partner initiatives to drive down the costs of virtual desktops and speed adoption across enterprises of all sizes.
In the past 18 months, Citrix has invested in several acquisitions and industry initiatives designed to expand use cases for desktop and application virtualization to accelerate customer transformation to cloud services and enable widespread adoption by reducing virtual desktop acquisition and operational costs. Citrix has carefully fostered a culture of innovation keeping recently acquired teams intact and focused on innovation with quarterly releases of new functionality, while also taking advantage of the collective resources of Citrix to integrate features across multiple product lines.
- Simple, Affordable VDI – VDI-in-a-Box 5.2 tech preview continues to deliver simplicity and empowering SMBs and enterprise departments to roll out affordable and powerful VDI-based desktops. Building on the VDI-in-a-Box 5.1 release, which introduced personal vDisk technology, the VDI-in-a-Box 5.2 tech preview will demonstrate optimizations for Microsoft Lync, support for the latest hypervisor technologies including Microsoft Windows 2012 HyperV, Citrix XenServer® 6.1 and VMware vSphere 5.1. The tech preview will support the Citrix Storefront for unified access to any Citrix CloudGateway delivered service. (See announcement blog for more detail)
- Extending Mobile Desktop Virtualization – Coming quickly on the heels of the Virtual Computer acquisition earlier this year, the XenClient Enterprise 4.5 tech preview will be the second Citrix release of the combined XenClient hypervisor and Virtual Computer management system. XenClient extends Citrix XenDesktop® FlexCast to include the management of physical PCs and secures mobile laptops for disconnected operation. The tech preview includes support for third-generation Intel® Core™ processors, Microsoft Windows 8, and ultrabooks. (see related announcement for more detail)
- Speeding Migration to Windows 7 and Beyond – Supporting the upcoming general availability of new Microsoft technologies, the next release of Citrix AppDNA application lifecycle management software includes early access features for application testing on Windows 8, Internet Explorer 10 and Windows Server 2012. (see announcement blog for more detail)
- Driving Down Costs with HDX System-on-Chip Architecture – After only one year since the introduction of this initiative to drive new low-cost and innovative devices based on a HDX SoC architecture, several new devices from Atrust, Centerm, Fujitsu, HP, IGEL, LG and NComputing will be on display at Citrix Synergy. The robust ecosystem of chip vendors and device manufacturers are leveraging the explosion of new consumer electronics innovation based on ARM Core chip architectures that effectively shrink the footprint of devices while lowering the cost of thin clients with comparative features by more than 50 percent. (see announcement blog for more detail)
Desktop virtualization has become a key enabler of mobile workstyles, powered by cloud services for enterprises and small businesses alike. With our continued focus on investing in Citrix developed and acquired technology, and working with partners across technology areas, we are helping to drive down costs and enabling our customers to develop more mobile and flexible IT services.
- Existing customers and partners can download the VDI-in-a-Box 5.2 tech preview beginning October 30.
- XenClient Enterprise 4.5 tech preview is available this month for download and will be generally available in December.
- The new AppDNA 6.1 SP1 software release is available today. This new release expands the no-charge user trial to enable enterprises to import an unlimited amount of applications for application testing and modeling to determine the time, cost and risk of an OS migration or virtualization project.
Citrix (NASDAQ:CTXS) transforms how businesses and IT work and people collaborate in the cloud era. With market-leading cloud, collaboration, networking and virtualization technologies, Citrix powers mobile workstyles and cloud services, making complex enterprise IT simpler and more accessible for 260,000 organizations. Citrix products touch 75 percent of Internet users each day and it partners with more than 10,000 companies in 100 countries. Annual revenue in 2011 was $2.21 billion. Learn more at www.citrix.com.
For Citrix Investors
This release contains forward-looking statements which are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. The forward-looking statements in this release do not constitute guarantees of future performance. Those statements involve a number of factors that could cause actual results to differ materially, including risks associated with the impact of the global economy and uncertainty in the IT spending environment, revenue growth and recognition of revenue, products and services, their development and distribution, product demand and pipeline, economic and competitive factors, the Company’s key strategic relationships, acquisition and related integration risks as well as other risks detailed in the Company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Citrix assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking information contained in this press release or with respect to the announcements described herein.
The development, release and timing of any features or functionality described for our products remains at our sole discretion and is subject to change without notice or consultation. The information provided is for informational purposes only and is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions or incorporated into any contract.
Citrix®, VDI-in-a-Box™, XenClient™, Citrix Ready® and XenDesktop® are trademarks or registered trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries.
With our continued focus on investing in Citrix developed and acquired technology, and working with partners across technology areas, we are helping to drive down costs and enabling our customers to develop more mobile and flexible IT services.
Follow Us Online