BARCELONA, Spain – Today at Citrix Synergy™, the conference where mobile workstyles and cloud services meet, Citrix announced @WorkMail and @WorkWeb, two new mobile apps in the new Citrix Me@Work mobile app suite, that leverage security capabilities in Citrix CloudGateway™ enterprise mobility management solution for the ultimate in secure productivity. The new @WorkMail app for iPhone, iPad, Android phone and tablet devices includes calendar and contact management, integration with @WorkWeb for one-click access to an employee’s corporate Intranet, built-in ShareFile integration for easy file sharing on mobile devices, and GoToMeeting® integration for scheduling and attending calls on-the-go. Now with Citrix Receiver™ availability on over three billion devices, IT can embrace BYO and enable productive mobile workstyles with the assurance that employees’ applications and data are fully secured on any device.
- Secure Mobile Productivity with @WorkMail – @WorkMail is a new native iOS and Android email, calendar and contacts solution. Citrix @WorkMail integrates with other Me@Work apps and leverages the mobile app security features recently added to CloudGateway through MDX technologies to offer secure productivity on the go. Users can attach ShareFile docs to emails, save attachments back to ShareFile, open attachments and web links with @WorkWeb, and schedule meetings with GoToMeeting, all while staying inside the secure container on the mobile device.
- Secure Browsing with @WorkWeb – @WorkWeb is a secure mobile browser for iOS and Android devices that enables secure access to internal corporate web, external SaaS, and HTML5 web applications. @WorkWeb leverages MDX technologies, such as MDX Access to create a dedicated VPN tunnel for accessing a company’s internal network and the new MDX security features to ensure that users can access all of their websites, including those with sensitive information. @WorkWeb offers a seamless user experience in its integration with @WorkMail and other Me@Work apps to allow users to click on links, such as ‘mailto’ or GoToMeeting, and have the native apps open inside the secure container on the mobile device.
- Me@Work Ready for the Enterprise – The new Citrix Me@Work mobile app family is powered by CloudGateway with MDX Technologies, enabling IT to easily mobilize these key productivity apps and deliver them to mobile users. IT can manage and secure the use of Me@Work apps using all of the control features in MDX, such as jailbroken device detection, encryption, and locking the app in the event of a policy violation. Like all MDX applications, these apps will run inside the secure device container to ensure the application and data use remained secured and under IT control.
- MDX makes any mobile app enterprise-ready – With CloudGateway, IT can manage, secure and control any mobile app using MDX Technologies. Using MDX, IT can wrap any internally developed or third-party app with security policies and deliver them to users inside the secure container of Citrix Receiver. This allows IT to control all business apps on users’ device while leaving the users’ personal apps untouched.
- Now Serving Three Billion Devices – Combined with Citrix Receiver, an easy-to-install client software that lets users access their docs, applications and desktops from any device, CloudGateway extends the company’s already significant lead in delivering apps and data to over three billion end user devices.
The trend toward mobile workstyles and BYO is here and moving fast, and it is a big challenge for IT. Enterprises must quickly find ways to support mobile workers with the apps and data to be as productive on-the-go as they are in the office. The enterprise mobility management solution offered by CloudGateway and Citrix Receiver delivers secure, anywhere access to the apps and data employees need to do to their jobs, while giving IT the assurance that corporate data is protected.
Citrix @WorkMail and @WorkWeb will be available by the end of the year and will be included in CloudGateway Enterprise.
Citrix (NASDAQ:CTXS) transforms how businesses and IT work and people collaborate in the cloud era. With market-leading cloud, collaboration, networking and virtualization technologies, Citrix powers mobile workstyles and cloud services, making complex enterprise IT simpler and more accessible for 260,000 organizations. Citrix products touch 75 percent of Internet users each day and it partners with more than 10,000 companies in 100 countries. Annual revenue in 2011 was $2.21 billion. Learn more at www.citrix.com.
For Citrix Investors
This release contains forward-looking statements which are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. The forward-looking statements in this release do not constitute guarantees of future performance. Those statements involve a number of factors that could cause actual results to differ materially, including risks associated with the impact of the global economy and uncertainty in the IT spending environment, revenue growth and recognition of revenue, products and services, their development and distribution, product demand and pipeline, economic and competitive factors, the Company’s key strategic relationships, acquisition and related integration risks as well as other risks detailed in the Company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Citrix assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking information contained in this press release or with respect to the announcements described herein.
The development, release and timing of any features or functionality described for our products remains at our sole discretion and is subject to change without notice or consultation. The information provided is for informational purposes only and is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions or incorporated into any contract.
Citrix®, CloudGateway™ and Citrix Receiver™ are trademarks or registered trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries.
The enterprise mobility management solution offered by CloudGateway and Citrix Receiver delivers secure, anywhere access to the apps and data employees need to do to their jobs, while giving IT the assurance that corporate data is protected.
Follow Us Online