Citrix Recognized with Frost & Sullivan 2011 Global Market Penetration Leadership Award
Citrix Honored for Fastest Market Growth among Web Conferencing Providers and #2 Global Provider Market Position. Citrix GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar and GoToTraining Praised for User Experience and Affordability
SANTA BARBARA, Calif. -Citrix Systems today announced that the company has been recognized with the Frost & Sullivan Global Market Penetration Leadership Award in Hosted Web Conferencing Services for achieving the fastest market growth rate among top web conferencing providers and securing the #2 web conferencing provider position worldwide in 2010. The annual award honors excellence in capturing and growing market share within the industry.
Recognized for a “focus on creating easy-to-use and affordable web collaboration services,” Citrix increased its collaboration product line revenues by more than 25% in 2010. Nearly half of the total revenues for the Online Services Division of Citrix were from its collaboration solutions GoToMeeting®, GoToWebinar® and GoToTraining®.
Frost & Sullivan also noted that the company’s core value proposition of ease of use and simple pricing appealed to small and medium-sized businesses and have been “key factors in its ability to capture a large chunk of the SMB market.”
What Is New
- Continuing Momentum in 2011:
- With its collaboration solutions earning 14% revenue market share, Citrix is now the #2 web conferencing provider worldwide and has achieved the fastest growth rate among top conferencing providers.
- Citrix recently debuted GoToMeeting with HDFaces™ high-definition group video conferencing, transforming the way people meet and collaborate by offering a one-click, real-time face-to-face integrated collaboration solution with all GoToMeeting subscriptions at no additional charge.
- Early this year, Citrix completed its acquisition of Netviewer AG, a leading privately-held European Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) vendor in collaboration and IT services, accelerating the company’s global expansion and extending its SaaS leadership in Europe.
- Inc. magazine recently recognized the company’s mobile collaboration app as one of the “Must-Have Apps for Salespeople.” Downloads for Citrix GoToMeeting mobile app have surpassed 380,000.
- In 2011, Citrix was the first online training provider to add a social share feature to its GoToTraining platform, enabling trainers to share and promote their training sessions on social media channels.
Why It Matters
- Analyst Validation of Leadership:Frost & Sullivan monitors more than 300 industries and 250,000 companies, and awarded Citrix the top honor in the hosted web conferencing service market due to its rapid market penetration, growth and solution value.
- Solid Value Proposition for Customers: In the competitive web conferencing market where pricing fluctuation, complexity and quality issues may detract from the collaboration and meeting experience, Citrix has continued its focus on a superior customer experience, delivering easy, high-quality, reliable and affordable collaboration solutions.
“Citrix has maintained a consistent focus on delivering user-friendly, intuitive and stickier collaborative solutions at attractive price points. As the market shifts away from complex and over-featured solutions, the company has continued to gain significant growth in revenue and its installed customer base.” Roopam Jain, Principal Analyst, North America Information & Communications Technologies Practice, Frost & Sullivan
"We’re honored to receive this recognition from Frost & Sullivan. This is truly a testament to our incessant focus on the experience – enabling all customers, from individual professionals to Fortune 100 enterprises, to easily collaborate any time, anywhere. The ease of use, simplicity and affordability of our products continues to drive our growth in 2011. It’s this value proposition that sets us apart from other competitive solutions such as Cisco WebEx and keeps our customers returning time and time again, whether they use GoToMeeting, GoToTraining, GoToWebinar, HiDef Corporate® Audio Conferencing, or a combination of all.” Bernardo de Albergaria, VP and GM, Collaboration, Online Services Division, Citrix Systems
- Citrix GoToMeeting with HDFaces Transforms Business Collaboration
- Citrix Closes Netviewer Acquisition
- Citrix Expands Mobile Workforce App Lineup with Free GoToMeeting App for Android Users
- Citrix GoToTraining Gets Social