Citrix CloudGateway Delivers End User Computing for the Cloud Era
CloudGateway Product Line Unifies Aggregation and Control of Apps and Data, Including Windows, Web, SaaS and Mobile
BARCELONA, SPAIN - Today at Citrix Synergy™, the conference where cloud computing, networking and virtualization meet, Citrix announced the next stage of its strategy for Citrix CloudGateway™, the industry’s first unified service broker that aggregates, controls and delivers Windows, web, SaaS and mobile apps to any user on any device. The CloudGateway product line empowers end users with self-service access to all of their business apps, and gives IT unmatched control over apps and data from public cloud environments, accelerating enterprise adoption of cloud and mobility (see graphic).
As consumer demand continues to drive IT decision making, IT is increasingly asked to provide new types of mobile devices and new types of cloud apps, including web, SaaS and mobile (see demo here). The systems and processes created to support traditional IT needs, however, were never designed for the choice and flexibility that the cloud engenders, leaving IT to address each new app or new device with silo technologies on an ad-hoc basis. As a result, IT is rapidly losing control over cloud apps and mobile devices that their users are adopting, thereby putting enterprise data IP at risk. And at the same time, end users are frustrated with limited and disparate access from various devices, resulting in lost productivity. To regain control and get ahead of these disruptive trends, IT is seeking solutions that unify aggregation, control and delivery of all types of apps to any device anywhere.
Citrix CloudGateway is the first unified service broker that enables businesses to transform end-user computing for the Cloud Era. CloudGateway delivers end users intuitive self-service access to all apps and data from any device anywhere via the Citrix Receiver™ universal software client. Using Citrix Receiver, end users get a follow-me apps and follow-me-data experience using one login from any device, including PCs, Macs, smartphones and tablets (see demo here). In addition, CloudGateway provides IT with unified and un-paralleled controls across all apps. Customers can control and protect their enterprise apps and data with scenario-based controls, such as identity provisioning for authorized users, automatic account de-provisioning for terminated employees, and remote wipe for data and apps stored on lost devices. Finally, CloudGateway provides a unified dashboard for SLA monitoring and license reporting, enabling customers to reduce costs by optimizing their application SLAs and license utilization. By offering rich self-service experience to end users and unmatched IT control, CloudGateway will enable customers to transform their end user computing for the Cloud Era.
Packaging and Availability
CloudGateway will be available for tech preview this month and will be generally available in the next three months. It will be available in the following two editions:
- CloudGateway Enterprise – A powerful solution that enables enterprises to aggregate, control and deliver all Windows, web and SaaS apps to any device, anywhere.
- CloudGateway Express– Focuses on Windows apps, enabling Citrix XenDesktop® and XenApp® customers to deliver virtual apps and desktops via a unified storefront with self-service to any device. Designed with built-in headroom for the Cloud Era, CloudGateway Express will be free of charge to the more than 200,000 customers currently using XenDesktop or XenApp. This strategy seeds the market rapidly, and gives customers an easy upgrade path as they expand their usage of web, SaaS and cloud apps and data.
Sumit Dhawan, Group Vice President and General Manager, Receiver and Gateway Group, Citrix
“The growth of mobile devices and cloud apps is leading IT to build siloed solutions that are expensive and complex. We’ve created Citrix CloudGateway as the industry’s first unified service broker that gives end users mobility and flexibility they crave and enables IT to regain control over all of their enterprise and cloud-based apps and data.”
- Expert Blog: CloudGateway Express: The First Step Toward Unified Control of all Your Business Apps
- Expert Blog: No We REALLY Don't Mean Mobile Device Management
- Expert Blog: Aggregating Any App on Any Device at Any Time: CloudGateway
Follow us online: