Citrix Receiver Now Helps Business say “Yes” to More than 1 Billion End User Devices
Self-Service Access to Any SaaS, Web and Windows App
San Francisco - Today at Citrix Synergy™, where virtual computing takes center stage, Citrix Systems announced multiple new updates to Citrix Receiver™, its universal software client that allows companies to deliver corporate apps, desktops and data to any device, whether corporate or employee owned. With today’s announcement, Citrix Receiver is now verified to support more than 1,000 different PC and Mac models, 149 different smartphones, 37 tablets, 10 different classes of thin clients, and all major device operating platforms, including new environments like iOS, Android, webOS and Google ChromeOS. With consumer devices flooding the workplace, Citrix Receiver now gives businesses around the world the power to say “yes” to more than 1 billion end user devices, knowing that they can deliver a secure, high-definition experience to virtually any device in the world.
In addition to offering complete choice and flexibility to use the devices they choose, Citrix Receiver gives end users full self-service choice of the apps they want to run, when Windows, web or SaaS based. The ability to seamlessly interact with all their desktops, apps and data on any device, from any location, effectively gives users 24x7 access to a “personal cloud” where anything they need is just a click or touch away.
By delivering this level of choice and flexibility, customers can achieve increased business productivity and transform IT from managing internal systems to on-demand service delivery. When combined with key Citrix infrastructure products like Citrix XenDesktop®, Citrix XenApp™ and the new NetScaler® Cloud Gateway™, Citrix Receiver provide the essential components to embrace this shift and allow employees to work anywhere, anytime, on any device.
- Broadest device support in market – With more than 1 billion devices supported today, Citrix further extends its leadership and ongoing commitment to enable the largest number of devices, including Receivers for upcoming new devices like the HP TouchPad, BlackBerry Playbook and Google Chromebook. In the Synergy keynote today, Citrix also demonstrated Citrix Receiver for Web that will add seamless web access to business apps, desktops, and data from any browser enabled device.
- Self-service access to any SaaS, web or Windows app – Receiver gives users one place to select all the apps they need to be productive, regardless of where they are delivered from. When combined with the new Citrix NetScaler Cloud Gateway, users also get full single-sign on capabilities across all their apps from any device.
- Follow-me-Apps and Follow-me-Data – Integrated ‘Follow Me Apps’ capability ensures that if a user selects a new app on one device, it will automatically show up for him or her on other devices as well. In the Synergy keynote today, Citrix also demonstrated a similar proof-of-concept with ‘Follow Me Data’ capability, giving users full access to all their key data on any device they pick up, keeping everything synchronized, regardless of the source. This new upcoming technology also ensures that corporate files and data can be stored on employee-owned devices because they are encrypted at all times, and can be remotely wiped by IT should the device be lost or stolen, or the employee leave the company.
- High-definition user experience across all devices – New optimizations in Citrix HDX technology fully integrated with Citrix Receiver now delivers even faster end user performance, including rich audio, multimedia, and multi-monitor support.
Sumit Dhawan, group vice president and general manager, Receiver and End-user Services at Citrix
“The role of IT is shifting from hardware set-up and support to that of an enterprise service provider. Citrix enables this shift by offering solutions that give end users freedom of choice while ensuring the highest levels of security that businesses need. With Citrix Receiver, enterprises can truly harness the power of customized “follow-me” apps and data that allow users to get access to what they need, where they need it.”
Supporting Partner Blogs
- Dell: Mobility Means Getting Things Done from Virtually Anywhere
- HP: Enterprise, Start Your Engines
- Google: Another Step in the Browser-based Desktop Revolution
- Samsung Enterprise Solution Group: Virtualized Mobile Office for Enterprises on the new Galaxy Tab 8.9 and 10.1 and Galaxy S II with Citrix Receiver
All versions of Citrix Receiver are available for download free of charge on the Citrix website or from independent app stores for mobile device users. Access to Windows apps and desktops in Citrix Receiver requires the use of Citrix XenDesktop or Citrix XenApp in the datacenter. Secure single sign-on access to web and SaaS applications requires Citrix NetScaler Cloud Gateway.
- Our Vision for Citrix Receiver, Sumit Dhawan, Group VP and GM
- Citrix Receiver: Supporting 1,000,000,000+ Devices and Counting, Benjamin Baer, Sr. Director, Product Marketing