Citrix Education Makes First Advanced Virtualization Certifications Available
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. - Citrix Systems, Inc. (Nasdaq: CTXS), today announced the availability of advanced certifications for engineers and architects specializing in end-to-end Citrix virtualization solutions. The certifications are the Citrix Certified Enterprise Engineer (CCEE) for Virtualization and Citrix Certified Integration Architect™ (CCIA) for Virtualization. With these programs, Citrix is helping IT professionals develop and prove the real-world skills required to deliver end-to-end virtual computing, from the data center to the desktop.
Virtualization skills are in high demand among IT employers, as companies direct IT budgets to widespread deployment of virtual servers and virtual desktops. Recent studies have found that IT professionals with the skills to support virtualization growth are among the most sought-after employees in the field. Certification Magazine’s 2009 year-end salary survey predicted increased difficulty in gaining entry into the IT fields “without specialized knowledge and training.” In ongoing surveys conducted by Foote Partners, virtualization consistently tops the list of the most in-demand skills.
Carl Webster, Sr. Citrix Architect for LPS Integration
Webster recently completed the beta version of the CCEE training course. “The IT and business worlds are moving toward application, desktop and server virtualization. Being certified in those areas shows that you have a base level of knowledge and understanding of the virtualization technologies being implemented in today’s challenging IT environments.”
Julieann Scalisi, Managing Director of Citrix Education
“Professional certifications play an important role in career advancement and salary increases, and help open the door for those seeking employment in today’s market, where job seekers must find ways to differentiate themselves. The new CCEE and CCIA certifications specifically reflect the unique job skills and roles required in modern IT environments. They also acknowledge and reflect the skills of current Citrix certification holders, providing a clear update path and the ability to keep up with advances in the most cutting-edge virtualization technologies.”
Key Facts and Highlights
- The CCEE certification is designed to certify breadth of knowledge across end-to-end Citrix virtualization solutions, focusing on the ability to combine operational planning skills with tactical design expertise and integration know-how. Candidates begin working toward the CCEE by first passing several product-specific exams for Citrix XenDesktop®, XenApp™, and XenServer®. The final requirement of the CCEE exam, A15 Engineering a Citrix Virtualization Solution, features complex simulations, enabling students to showcase their extensive knowledge in a performance-based setting.
- The CCIA certification is the highest Citrix designation and focuses on best practices for virtualization analysis and design. The CCIA certifies the skills required for successful deployments, helping organizations improve implementations through lower costs, increased performance and reduced time. Candidates must have achieved the CCEE and pass one more final exam, A16 Architecting a Citrix Virtualization Solution, to attain the CCIA credential.
- Currently certified Citrix Certified Enterprise Administrator™ (CCEA) and CCIA professionals can update to the new certifications by taking the new exams. To update to the CCEE, existing CCEAs need only pass the A15 exam. Existing CCIAs must pass both A15 and A16 exams.
- In order to prepare for the exams, training is highly recommended. Training courses designed for the CCEE and CCIA are hands-on and available to take with an instructor in the classroom, or online in a self-paced format.
- All exams required for the CCEE and CCIA for Virtualization are available worldwide at Pearson VUE testing centers. For specific CCEE and CCIA for Virtualization requirements and recommended training, please visit http://www.citrixeducation.com.
Related Links and Announcements
- Virtualization Should Top IT Priorities, by Julieann Scalisi, Managing Director, Citrix Education
- Jump-Start a Career in Virtualization through Certification, by Julieann Scalisi, Managing Director, Citrix Education, and Brad Moczik, course developer, Citrix Education
- Citrix Education Announces Advanced Certifications for Virtualization