Citrix Connects Amazon Web Services to Enterprise XenServer Customers
Citrix to Deliver Optimized Cloud Solutions for Windows and XenServer Customers Worldwide Using Amazon Web Services
Citrix Systems, Inc. today announced it is providing engineering support to Amazon for the optimization of Citrix products and Windows applications that run on Amazon Web Services (AWS). This effort will further enhance interoperability and performance of Windows workloads on AWS, while ensuring continued innovation for the Xen® virtualization platform. Citrix will also work to extend these optimizations to on-premises deployments of its commercial server virtualization platform, Citrix XenServer®, making it easier for customers to seamlessly migrate workloads between enterprise datacenters and Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2). As a result, AWS customers will be able to take advantage of the extensive expertise Citrix provides in virtualizing and optimizing the delivery of Windows workloads.
Facts and Highlights
Citrix and Amazon Web Services customers can expect the following benefits from this collaboration:
- Enhanced Interoperability – The collaboration will make it easier for XenServer customers to take advantage of the scalable, elastic, pay-as-you-go benefits of AWS and cloud computing. With this collaboration, XenServer customers will be able to better connect, migrate and manage virtual machines across both AWS and on-premises XenServer.
- Optimization for Windows – As an expert in Windows virtualization and delivery, Citrix will work with AWS to optimize Windows instances for enterprise-class AWS deployments of Windows applications.
- Advanced Cloud Solutions – Citrix will collaborate on advanced cloud solutions for the enterprise such as disaster recovery, applications-on-demand, advanced security and compliance.
Simon Crosby, CTO, Datacenter and Cloud Division, Citrix
“Today’s news expands our relationship with Amazon Web Services to enhance features in Xen, helping to further the rapid adoption of cloud computing by enterprise customers. This effort will also focus on furthering compatibility with AWS to give customers an enhanced experience when connecting their XenServer virtualized datacenters. Citrix will continue to work with Amazon to enable easier migration of workloads to the cloud to take advantage of the elasticity, cost and scalability benefits of AWS.”
Terry Wise, Director of Partner Relations, Amazon Web Services LLC
“We are excited to extend our relationship with Citrix to bring its extensive engineering talent to streamline Citrix and Windows applications running on Amazon Web Services. This effort supports the increased demands we see from customers who want to leverage the scalability, security and utility-based pricing model of Amazon Web Services to run their Windows and Citrix workloads.”
Related Links and Announcements
- Citrix and Amazon Web Services (AWS) page
- Blog – Can They Match This? Simon Crosby, CTO, Datacenter and Cloud Division, Citrix
- Blog – The Clouds are Here to Stay Greg Smith, Sr. Director Product Marketing, Citrix
- Blog – Get me to my Stuff! Simon Crosby
- Blog – Getting You to Cloud Simon Crosby
- Blog – XenServer is Visionary, But Rackspace Cloud is Real Simon Crosby
- Blog – XenApp in the Cloud? Heck Yes Simon Crosby