Mobilize the Cloud - A Reality 2012
Google, Citrix, Core Mobile Networks, Blumberg Capital, Lightspeed Ventures and Venrock Ventures to Discuss Cloud Requirements for Mobile Workers
SANTA CLARA, Calif. - Citrix Systems, Inc., today announced a Google-sponsored event, Mobilize the Cloud - A Reality, where industry experts will examine cloud requirements for industry verticals with a mobile workforce, including field sales, healthcare, pharmaceuticals and transportation.
The event, organized by IIT (Indian Institution of Technology) Roorkee Alumni Association of North America, is a follow-up discussion from the 2009 event, Mobilize the Cloud - Untether the Business, which focused on identifying enterprise cloud service adoption roadblocks. Tonight, startup Core Mobile Networks, which originated from the inaugural event, will showcase its success in attracting new customers as a result of its selection and funding from the Citrix Startup Accelerator program.
Kicking off the event, Chandra Tekwani, founder and CEO of Core Mobile Networks and president of the IIT R Alumni Association, will discuss how enterprise IT needs to make popular cloud-based services more easily accessible from a growing number of mobile devices. Companies and firms participating in this event include: Google, Citrix and Core Mobile Networks, as well as Blumberg Capital, Lightspeed Ventures and Venrock Ventures.
- Where: Google Campus, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Building 43-Lobby, Mountain View, Calif.
- When: Monday, Feb. 6, 2012, 5:30-8:30 p.m. PT
- Google: Maps and Location-Based Services for Mobile Devices - Raj Shah, director at Google, will discuss how maps and location-based relevant content is critical to enterprise adoption of smartphones and tablets.
- Citrix: Cloud and Mobility - BYO Becoming the Norm - Sumit Dhawan, group vice president and general manager at Citrix, will focus on how mobile technologies are driving the new era of computing, which includes BYOD (Bring Your Own Device). The BYO concept is made a reality with Citrix virtualization technology and Citrix Receiver™, a universal software client for accessing desktops, apps and IT services.
- Strategy and Venture - Moderated by George Riedel, advisory board member to Core Mobile Networks, board chairman of Accedian Networks and former chief strategy officer at Nortel Networks and Juniper Networks. Panelists include: Ankur Jain, vice president, Blumberg Capital; Michael Harries, Ph.D., senior director, Citrix Startup Accelerator; Bipul Sinha, partner, Lightspeed Ventures; Steve Goldberg, Ph.D., partner, Venrock Ventures
- End User Context and Mobile Cloud - Presented by Bill Bien, advisory board member to Core Mobile Networks, board director at TPX Energy and vice president of sales and marketing at PeoplePower. Michael Harries (see above) and Jason Ford, director of sales at Citrix, will provide insight into end user experience.
- To attend tonight’s event, please register in advance
Follow us online
About Citrix Systems
Citrix Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CTXS) is the company transforming how people, businesses and IT work and collaborate in the cloud era. With market-leading cloud, collaboration, networking and virtualization technologies, Citrix powers mobile workstyles and cloud services, making complex enterprise IT simpler and more accessible for 250,000 enterprises. Citrix touches 75 percent of Internet users each day and partners with more than 10,000 companies in 100 countries. Annual revenue in 2011 was $2.21 billion. Learn more at www.citrix.com.
For Citrix Investors
This release contains forward-looking statements which are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. The forward-looking statements in this release do not constitute guarantees of future performance. Those statements involve a number of factors that could cause actual results to differ materially, including risks associated with the impact of the global economy and uncertainty in the IT spending environment, revenue growth and recognition of revenue, products and services, their development and distribution, product demand and pipeline, economic and competitive factors, the Company’s key strategic relationships, acquisition and related integration risks as well as other risks detailed in the Company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Citrix assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking information contained in this press release or with respect to the announcements described herein.
Citrix(R) and Citrix Receiver(TM) are trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.