Citrix Chief Security Strategist Named to U.S. Federal Cloud Computing Commission
TechAmerica Foundation’s Commission on the Leadership Opportunity in U.S. Deployment of Cloud Computing (CLOUD2) to Provide Obama Administration with Recommendations for Deploying Cloud Technologies
SANTA CLARA, Calif. -
- Citrix Systems today announced that Kurt Roemer, Chief Security Strategist, was named as a Commissioner on the TechAmerica Foundation’s Commission on the Leadership Opportunity in U.S. Deployment of the Cloud (CLOUD2). Roemer, who is joined on the Commission by 70 other experts and thought leaders from government, industry and academia, will focus on the public sector deployment perspective for CLOUD2.
- The commission’s three-month mandate is to provide the Obama Administration with recommendations for how government could optimally deploy cloud technologies, and for public policies that will help drive U.S. innovation in the cloud and spur economic growth. CLOUD² will be broken into public sector deployment and commercial policy considerations. The Commission’s recommendations for government deployment will be presented directly to Federal Chief Information Officer Vivek Kundra.
- Citrix is a leader in cloud computing with its commitment to OpenStack and the Citrix OpenCloud technology solution, which make the move to the cloud simpler and more successful for enterprises and service providers. OpenCloud – which includes Citrix NetScaler and Citrix XenServer - offers enterprises the choice to leverage existing infrastructure technologies or to enable new architectures that connect their datacenters seamlessly to external clouds and deliver applications to users.
Kurt Roemer, Chief Security Strategist, Citrix Systems, Inc.
“The security benefits of centralizing data and accessing it from the cloud are becoming increasingly critical to the government. I am looking forward to working with this Commission to determine the best path forward for the public sector to advance cloud computing while complying with government regulations. I am honored to be named to CLOUD2 and embrace my role in influencing this key initiative for our government.”
David Sanders, TechAmerica Foundation Chairman
“The creation of the CLOUD2 Commission is indicative of our government’s commitment to investing in the best and most advanced technology suitable to enhance business and economic growth. Kurt Roemer, as a representative of Citrix Systems, is an excellent addition to the commission as he provides an insightful position on the security and virtualization prospects technology can bring to the U.S. government. We look forward to engaging with Kurt and benefiting from his perspective from a company noted in the industry as a leader in providing powerful cloud computing solutions.”
- A full list of commissioners can be viewed online at http://www.techamericafoundation.org/cloud-commission-commissioners.
- To learn more about CLOUD², please visit http://www.techamericafoundation.org/cloud-commission.
About Citrix Systems
Citrix Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CTXS) is a leading provider of virtual computing solutions that help people work and play from anywhere on any device. More than 230,000 enterprises rely on Citrix to create better ways for people, IT and business to work through virtual meetings, desktops and datacenters. Citrix virtualization, networking and cloud solutions deliver over 100 million corporate desktops and touch 75 percent of Internet users each day. Citrix partners with over 10,000 companies in 100 countries. Annual revenue in 2010 was $1.87 billion.
For Citrix Investors
This release contains forward-looking statements which are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. The forward-looking statements in this release do not constitute guarantees of future performance. Those statements involve a number of factors that could cause actual results to differ materially, including risks associated with revenue growth and recognition of revenue, products, their development and distribution, product demand and pipeline, economic and competitive factors, the Company’s key strategic relationships, acquisition and related integration risks as well as other risks detailed in the Company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Citrix assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking information contained in this press release or with respect to the announcements described herein.
The development, release and timing of any features or functionality described for our products remains at our sole discretion and is subject to change without notice or consultation. The information provided is for informational purposes only and is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions or incorporated into any contract.
Citrix and OpenCloud are trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.